Tuesday, June 15, 2010

So sorry follower and supporters.....Update on Newfoundland


So it has been almost 5 months since I last blogged and for that I sincerely apologize. News from Newfoundland: its cold, cold and....cold. The ministry here is growing so much, thanks to God's providence. I had the awesome opportunity to meet an Iranian student here with his wife. He gave his heart and life to Christ a month ago and to see him seek the Scriptures for understanding and how the way he witnesses to his wife and shares the Gospel not in anger or aggression but in love and tenderness. Praise the Lord for the examples of humility and love that He puts in my life. Outside of the ministry God has been turning my world upside down, in the most positive way ever. I have been studying biblical manhood and humility and pride for the past month and God has really just pricked my heart in so many places in showing me my downfall. Oh and for those who do not already know Laura (my amazing girlfriend that God has soo graciously blessed me with) and I are seeking counsel and direction in seeking marriage so I ask those who read this to pray for us as we seek God's will and His direction during this scary but soo amazing time in our lives. Continue, please, to pray for Steve and Sheena Grissom, Adam and Christi Dorsey, and Dennis Melton ( they are the missionaries here). Pray for them specifically and for the their families. Also please continue to pray for the church here in St. John's (Newlife Newfoundland) and the church in Ferryland (Ferryland Bible Fellowship). Pray that God will continue to show His amazing favor on us and that we and the those who are the locals here will seek Christ in a new way and that we will stay faithful unto the call He has put on our lives.



Books I am reading: "Biblical Mangood: Masculinity, Leadership, and Decision Making" (Stuart Scott)
"Radical: Taking Back Your Faith From The American Dream" (David Platt)
"The Gospel For Muslims: An Encouragement to Share Christ with Confidence" (Thabiti Anyabwile)

"Ephesians, and 1 John" (Apostle Paul and John)

No comments:

Post a Comment